What is SMTP?
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. SMTP is basically the protocol that allows your computer or mobile email app to create and send emails to the server while an API is simply the window or communication to another code or utility.
What is an SMTP Relay?
SMTP Relay is simply described as the method of forwarding E-mails from a sender to the recipient on the Internet; and this process is carried out by the so-called SMTP relay servers, that work in accordance with the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.
Functions of SMTP Relay Service
- Smarthost Configuration and Authentication methods include Whitelists, SMTP-After-POP, or ESMTP with the SMTP-Auth extension.
- Open Mail relay with the SMTP server routes messages from both External sources and Internal server mail making it more vulnerable to spam abuse.
- SMTP Relay server enables Extensions and Upgrades
- Parallel Scanners and Firewalls are installed for Fighting spam at the sender’s end.
- SMTP Relay also Allows Backup Mail service with the Recipient through Smarthost Configuration
Features of SMTP Server You Should Know About
- Background processing Includes Managing Connections, checking for Errors in Command and E-mail messages, and Reacting accordingly.
- Persistent SMTP Connection
- Looping that may result in an E-mail message being passed back and forth between two SMTP servers, each Thinking the other is the Intended Recipient.
- Have Multiple Processes running on the Same Machine
An SMTP Port refers to the Specific part of the Internet address that’s used to Transfer Email.
- SMTP port 587 is one of the best choices for nearly every use case for connecting to Pepipost
- Port 25 is the default port used for Relaying
- Port 465 should no longer be used at All
- Port 2525 used when all other port is Blocked
Integrate your SMTP Server and Start Sending Emails Now!
Hit Inbox Everytime | On-Time Delivery | Trusted by 20k+ Brands | 24/7 Customer Support.
Send 30,000 free emails for first 30 days and then 100 emails/day – FREE FOREVER!
5 second Integration with Inbox Guarantee
Pepipost offers a robust fleet of email delivery services to expertly handle your transactional emails. From building a vibrant, personalized and responsive email to real-time monitoring of your important email traffic, our transactional email solution is built exclusively for developers and marketers.
Dynamic Email Delivery
We monitor your email delivery closely and watch out for anomalies in email behavior. With neural networks, we understand minute shifts in email delivery and auto adjust the throughput.
90 Days of History
While Sendgrid provides 7 days of message event history, Pepipost provides you with a searchable 90-day activity feed for all your email campaigns.
24/7 Live Chat Support
At Pepipost, we’ve always believed support must be free and readily available.That’s why our developer evangeliests work around the clock to help you with your questions.And that’s not all. Unlike Sendgrid,we don’t give differential access to Support
Don’t take our word for it.
Our customers have spoken for us to help solidify our spot as a Leader in the G2 Crowd Grid for Transactional Email Software