Sending emails through SMTP Relay?
- Smarthost Configuration and Authentication methods include Whitelists, SMTP-After-POP, or ESMTP with the SMTP-Auth extension.
- Open Mail relay with the SMTP server routes messages from both External sources and Internal server mail making it more vulnerable to spam abuse.
- SMTP Relay server enables Extensions and Upgrades
- Parallel Scanners and Firewalls are installed for Fighting spam at the sender’s end.
- SMTP Relay also Allows Backup Mail service with the Recipient through Smarthost Configuration
Sending emails through a SMTP server using an ESP
Sending through an email service provider, like Pepipost, via an SMTP relay saves companies from having to run their own mail server.
You create the email and send it to Pepipost’s SMTP server which sends it out to your recipients.
In order to combat spam, a majority of webmail providers (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) put a limit on how many emails you can send to different recipients per day. As businesses, who need to communicate en mass with their audience, would often exceed this limit, they will require the services of an enterprise level email sending platform.
Choosing the right SMTP Port
SMTP port 587 is one of the best choices for nearly every use case for connecting to Pepipost
This port, coupled with TLS encryption, will ensure that email is submitted securely and following the guidelines set out by the IETF.
- Port 25 is the default port used for relaying but is not as secure as it is the default port and mainly used by Spammers.
- Port 465 should no longer be used at all as it is no longer as accepted standard SMTP Port and has been reassigned.
- Port 2525 used when all other port is blocked Port 2525 is used for secure submission of emails for delivery by modern ESPs. Unlike other SMTP ports, you will not find the port block issue with port 2525.
Sending emails via SMTP with Pepipost
You should use port 587 as a default SMTP port. Almost all mail servers support this port. In fact, Port 587 is the one recommended for mail submissions instead of port 25 as per RFC 2476.
Pepipost supports TLS connections, which you can verify by connecting and issuing an EHLO command from the command line interface. The resultant “250 STARTTLS” confirms the endpoint accepts TLS connection requests.
Real Time reports
Our reports give you real time updates to help you keep track of your AI powered Emails. Get all the details of emails you send along with their status as opened, soft/hard bounced, delivered, etc
You can save upto 90 days of transactional logs and get analytics of your sends as well as subacccounts for better analyszing your campaigns.
For Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) providers and large Teams, Pepipost gives you detailed permissions so that you can control who can access what information in the account.SPF and DKIM are built into Pepipost’s domain management and we encourage users to deploy DMARC policy. This gives control of your domain and reduces the risk of spoofing.
Integrate your SMTP Server and Start Sending Emails Now!
Hit Inbox Everytime | On-Time Delivery | Trusted by 20k+ Brands | 24/7 Customer Support.
Send 30,000 free emails for first 30 days and then 100 emails/day – FREE FOREVER!
Don’t take our word for it.
Our customers have spoken for us to help solidify our spot as a Leader in the G2 Crowd Grid for Transactional Email Software
Under 2 Minute Integration with Inbox Guarantee
Pepipost offers a robust fleet of email delivery services to expertly handle your transactional emails. From building a vibrant, personalized and responsive email to real-time monitoring of your important email traffic, our transactional email solution is built exclusively for developers and marketers.
Dynamic Email Delivery
We monitor your email delivery closely and watch out for anomalies in email behavior. With neural networks, we understand minute shifts in email delivery and auto adjust the throughput.
90 Days of History
While Sendgrid provides 7 days of message event history, Pepipost provides you with a searchable 90-day activity feed for all your email campaigns.
24/7 Live Chat Support
At Pepipost, we’ve always believed support must be free and readily available.That’s why our developer evangeliests work around the clock to help you with your questions.And that’s not all. Unlike Sendgrid,we don’t give differential access to Support
Links to Relevant Blogs
Ready to get started?
30,000 emails free for first 30 days.
Then 100/day free forever.