We occasionally accept guest blogs from the best of the best to enhance our in-house expertise. Think you qualify? We welcome your audition, but we must warn you our standards are lofty and we are extremely selective.
Topics we cover
The articles that you intend to write for us can be based on the following categories. If the subject of your contributed “how to” article (see next section on content types) does not relate to one of the following, we’re unlikely to consider it for publication; but do think of them as broad categories rather than narrow topics:
- Email Marketing (Best practices, campaigns, trends)
- Email Deliverability
- Email Infrastructure
- Gmail trends
- Email SMTP and API
- Case Studies related to Email Marketing
Type of content we expect from our guest contributor
- Bylined “how-to” articles for our website and newsletter.
- Summaries of research findings based on polls, surveys, and research studies conducted by marketers, academia, PR firms, and other researchers
- Bylined thought-leadership articles (op/ed-type pieces), but we accept only those that offer particularly valuable insights and views that can’t easily be found elsewhere.
Guidelines for Pepipost Blog
We get a lot of submissions. Following these guidelines will increase your chances of getting your how-to article published in Pepipost blog.
- Write from an external viewpoint and convey valuable how-to information to the reader. Focus on practical advice, actionable tips, and valuable know-how about a specific marketing topic or approach to marketing (see the topic list, above). Bullet points are good.
- Use a fresh, approachable voice. You are a person writing for other people. Sound like one.
- Write in conversational style as if you were telling a story. Use “you”.
- Offer clear takeaways for our (and your) audience—mostly B2B marketers, by the way. And remember that little voice Ann Handley talks about in Everybody Writes: “Nobody has to read this.” So, make us want to read it.
- Articles should be at least 800-1,000 words. Feel free to include images, charts, graphs, and the like—but only if they help convey a point.
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere. (Infographics can have appeared elsewhere.)
- Include a brief bio of 25 words, including LinkedIn and Twitter contact info, if available, and a recent headshot (make sure the upper half of your torso is also in the picture).
- Include relevant links immediately preceding the words to be linked (the anchor text); do not embed the links in the anchor text (but feel free to underline that anchor text).
- Submit articles in Microsoft Word format (no PDF or other file types, please), as email attachments.
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies in which you have a vested interest, disclose as much to us and the audience.
- NOT be self-promotional.
Pepipost Linking Policy
We encourage you to link out to relevant articles and sites. While there is no restriction on how you link out, if there are links that seem suspicious or are too commercially oriented, we may remove/no-follow such links. We are ok with links to content that go in natural flow with the article.
Here’re a few sample articles that you can refer to while writing for Pepipost
- Gmail Inbox Delivery: Evolutions and trends
- Writing the perfect Welcome Email.
- Transactional Emails and Marketing Emails: Know the difference
Pepipost Publishing Policy
- Your article will be edited for clarity and brevity, and to conform to the Pepipost’s house style.
- We will probably change your headline, too, so you might want to suggest alternatives.
- The author retains copyright and may republish the article on his/her personal or company blog or site after the article has been published on Pepipost.com. In such cases, we ask that you cite Pepipost and link to the original article on our site.
- Pepipost may also reprint your piece, with full attribution, in Pepipost products, including marketing materials.
- Your article will also be shared on our social profiles as well as various other content distribution networks.
How to apply?
If you feel you’re a fit for Pepipost, please complete the form below. We’ll use this information you provide to help us evaluate your writing style, content, and experience; we’ll respond in 2 to 4 working days.