Why using clean email lists will save your email marketing budget?
If you feel like your email marketing is just too expensive, you may be right. Statistics say that the average return on investment (ROI) is $44 for every $1 spent. But are your emails performing that well? Not all email marketers hit that goal – or, at least, not all the time. The reason is that they’re not using clean email lists to maximixe their potential. With a few simple techniques, you can turn things around and give your ROI a boost. Read on the learn more!
Your email list is like a live organism. It’s constantly subjected to change, which means that its expansion brings along the risk of it getting “sick”. The more it grows, the more you have to pay attention to its quality.
An email address you acquired a year ago may no longer be valid. Spam traps and role based addresses find clever ways to join your genuine contacts. Also, people can use temporary email addresses to download a content offer from you.
The problem with all of these types of addresses is that they don’t belong to real people. And sending emails that aren’t reaching real people will never get you anywhere close to that $44 ROI.
Don’t pay to email dead leads. Instead, let an email verifier clean your data.
Data decay is a fact: no matter how diligent you are when it comes to email marketing best practices, some of the email addresses in your list will be bad. The most effective way to fight against data decay is to prevent it, and take action once you notice it happening. You can do that easily by hiring an email verifier. Ideally, you would verify your email list a few times a year, to ensure it’s accurate and serves your goals.
Let’s see how an email verifier improves your list and saves you money in the long run.
1. How does it prevent poor email hygiene?
By verifying email addresses in real time. Once installed on your signup forms, an email verification API won’t allow unwanted email addresses to join your list. Misspelled, catch-all, abuse, role based, or temporary contacts simply won’t make it past this security measure.
2. How does it fix a list that’s already messy?
By analyzing it and isolating all the invalid addresses that have already joined your email list or have became obsolete over time. A bulk email verifier is the best tool to do this job. You upload your database on the platform, and you get it back clean. No more spam traps, complainers, temporaries, catch-alls or role based accounts.
You’re going to have a smaller, but more powerful email list.
Having your list cleaned is sure to return some invalid and fake results, especially if you haven’t used an email verifier in a while. So, yes, your database is going to be smaller, but its potential will increase. When you email genuine subscribers, Internet Service Providers see you as a serious, lawful sender. As a result, they will support your deliverability, so you’ll see a nice boost in your open rates.
The more emails you land in your subscribers’ inboxes, the greater your chances to build a real relationship with your audience. Once you’ve started using clean email lists, there are a few more things you can do to get the most out of it. Let’s see what they are!
Email marketing: a few tips you need to know
- Your content is what does the selling for you, so work on it until you feel it represents your brand and conveys your message.
- Whether you go for text-only emails or you choose to include images, always test your campaigns before you send them out, to ensure they render well on all devices.
- Show up on time. If your subscribers sign up for one email a week, never skip sending it. This keeps your IP warm and helps you establish a stronger connection with your audience.
- Pay special attention to your subject lines. Most people only click on an email if the subject line is enticing enough. Run tests until you find what works best.
- Don’t go overboard when it comes to promoting your business. Inbound marketing has gained to much popularity in the past few years because it yields better results.