Xenforo supports sending email over SMTP. To have Xenforo relay email through Pepipost:
Create an account on Pepipost. Go to “Domain Management” and “Add” your sender domain. This is the domain which system is going to use as sender while sending any type of email communication to your community members. The domain need to be verified, authenticated (using SPF) and approved before proceeding to further steps.
Log into your Xenforo admin control panel, go to Options > Email Options group.
Now, you are on the Email Options page. Now, it’s time to setup your sending email address. This is the email address which will appear as SENDER when someone receives your forum email. Please follow the below instructions to setup the Sending domain parameters:
- Default Email Address: This is the default email address that emails will be sent from. It should not be ISP’s domain like @gmail.com or @yahoo.com. This should be some email address which belongs to your own domain e.g. email@example.com
Note: The sender domain should be configured and verified on Pepipost. You will be unable to send emails unless the sending domain is verified and approved on your Pepipost admin panel.
- Contact Email Address: Email address where board-related messages will be sent. Keep this uncheck as it is not supported by many SMTP providers.
- Default Email Sender Name: If specified, emails sent by XenForo will default to being from this name. If no value is entered, the board name will be used. Ideally it is a good practice to have board name in the default sender name.
- Email Transport Method: Select the “SMTP” radio button here and enter following details:
1. Host: smtp.pepipost.com
2. Port: Port can be 25, 587 or 2525. Most of the shared hosting providers block these port to protect their network from spamming. Hence, if even after doing all the setup, your emails are not getting delivered, then try contacting your hosting provider to unblock these port for outgoing SMTP connection.
3. Authentication: Select the radio button as “User Name and Password” and enter your Pepipost’s username and password.
- Encryption: You can choose anything based on your requirement. But, to avoid any integration related challenges it is suggested to keep it None.
Configuring your bounces.
- Bounced Email Address: By default, bounces are been parsed and suppressed on Pepipost. In case you want to receive the bounces on your email address also, then please login to your Pepipost account and navigate through Settings > Customize > Bounce Notification. Mention your email address on which you would like Pepipost to forward the bounces.
Once all the parameters are set, click on “Save Changes” and you are all done.
Now you can test whether emails are going via Pepipost or not. You can login to Pepipost > Live Feeds to view all the real-time logs of emails which are getting delivered via Pepipost SMTP.