Domain Verification – Make it a priority for high inbox delivery
November 25, 2016
Domain Verification at Pepipost
Domain verification is one of Email Best Practices to keep your inbox delivery rates high.
To start sending emails from Pepipost, one of the crucial steps is to get your domain verified, i.e, confirming that you own the domain and verifying that all the email addresses are hosted on that domain.
At Pepipost we are committed to keep the email ecosystem clean and reduce the amount of emails landing in spam. To maintain credibility as an email provider and provide our customers with the best deliverability and ROI, we follow stringent measures for domain approval. The domain verification process is a combination of programmatic and human checks, which helps us determine if the domain is going to send genuine and relevant emails.
Our delivery team reviews and approves a domain based on multiple factors:
- Domain ownership
- Website content
- Nature of business.
- List building practices
- Type of transactional or triggered messages that are being sent
- Whether emails are apt to your business
- Whether the business location matches to the location where your account is created and many more..
This whole process of authenticating a domain usually takes less than 2 hours. Once approved and you add your TXT & SPF records, you can start sending emails.
Domain not approved, now what?
If your account does not get approved, do not panic as that is not the end. If you feel that your website ticks off all the conditions above, please do reach out to our support team for a review.
Sometimes approval process could be delayed. In such cases we give our best efforts to understand use cases for each domain, and we just need a little more information about how your website and business are setup. We will contact you over the email you used to signup with a set of questions that we need clarity on. Please do help us with them and your account should get processed quickly.
If you are new to emailing and are stuck with choosing a domain to start off with email activity, we give you few guidelines for the same.
Things to remember when choosing a domain:
This is the most crucial part when you start off your email activity, be it transactional or promotional. Remember that you do not change the domain name frequently and ensure that it makes a lasting impression on your end users.
Here I list few generic guidelines to choose a domain:
- Different name for domain & sub-domain: A completely different domain than your business domain, or a sub-domain of your business domain. Ex: myshoppingsitemails.com is a completely different domain and email.myshoppingsite.com is a sub domain of your business domain.
- Different name for Transactional and Promotional sub-domains: In this case, Trans.myshoppingsite.com for transactional and email.myshoppingsite.com for promo.
- If you plan to keep your mailing domain separate from your business domain, please make sure that you choose a name that is similar to your business domain and redirect the mailing domain to your business domain. End user should feel the connectivity between the domains.
As an email campaign manager you must be using different tools to get your campaign right. To ensure these perfectly curated campaigns reach the inbox, you also need to follow the email best practices of domain verification.
Trust this article was useful. If you have any queries on domain verification, please reach out to us on email@example.com
Write a comment